Terms and Conditions
For customers booking from Canada please click here
For customers booking from the United States of America, please read below:
Just Go Holidays Ltd trading as Albion Journeys
Terms & Conditions
It is important that you read the following booking conditions. These Booking Conditions form the basis of your contract with us. Please read these sections carefully as they apply to all bookings you make with us unless otherwise specified. All vacations are operated by Just Go Holidays Ltd trading as Albion Journeys.
1. FINANCIAL PROTECTION: Your contract is with Just Go Holidays Ltd, 111 High Street, Cheltenham GL50 1DW. When you book a vacation with us, which doesn’t include a flight, the money you pay us for the booking will be protected by Bonded Coach Holidays (BCH) and the Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Limited (ABTOT), this is a Government approved consumer protection scheme. The scheme will also ensure your repatriation to the point where your holiday started with us (i.e. if the package did not include flights to the UK you will be repatriated to the UK airport) in the event the company becomes insolvent. Our Trading Charter and Booking Conditions set out clearly and simply the responsibility we have to you and in turn, you have with us, when a contract is made. Please see the BCH Consumer Guarantee at www.bch-uk.org. There is no financial protection if you purchase just transport or accommodation-only from us. We fully comply with the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018. The combination of travel services offered to you is a package vacation within the meaning of the Regulations. Therefore, you will benefit from all rights applying to package vacations. Just Go Holidays Ltd will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the vacation and for providing assistance if you are in difficulty. Your key rights under the Regulations will be detailed in the package to be provided prior to booking or available at www.legislation.gov.uk/id/ukdsi/2018/9780111168479/contents.
2. VACATION PAYMENT: When you make a booking you must pay a deposit for every person named on the booking. Deposits per person and the balance due date (the period before the departure date on which your full balance normally becomes due) are:
Deposit Balance due date
$750 90 days before departure
If you cannot make a payment by card at the time of booking, please speak to one of our Reservations staff to discuss other options. You can make payments against your balance anytime between making the booking and the balance due date. If the balance is not paid on time we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you and apply cancellation charges as set out in clause 3 below. For bookings made after the balance due date, the full amount is due at the time of booking.
Please note if you booked a holiday with a booking date in 2019 or 2020 you contracted with Albion Journeys Llc. All bookings have now been taken over by Just Go Holidays Ltd t/a Albion Journeys and your booking has moved over to be contracted with Just Go Holidays Ltd. Any balances that are due will be paid to Just Go Holidays Ltd t/a Albion Journeys.
3. OUR AGREEMENT: A contract is formed when we issue to you the booking confirmation document and terms and conditions. It is important you read through these and any other documents you receive and advise us of any inaccuracy within 14 days of the document date. By accepting the booking is correct you agree to our terms and conditions as enclosed.
We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in any document within 14 days of our sending it out. This contract and any dispute arising out of or in connection with this agreement shall be governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, the law of England and Wales.
4. VACATION CANCELLATION BY YOU: If you want to cancel your booking after we have confirmed it with you either verbally, over the telephone or by email, you can do so over the phone or in writing. The following cancellation charges will apply:
365 to 182 days prior to departure $500
181 to 91 days prior to departure $750
90 days or less before departure 100% of the program cost is non-refundable
If any member of your party is prevented from travelling, that person may transfer their place to someone else (introduced by you) providing we are notified no less than two weeks before departure.
You may cancel your vacation without paying a cancellation fee before the start of the vacation in the event of unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances in the place of destination or immediate vicinity which may significantly affect (a) the performance of the package or (b) carriage of passengers to the destination.
5. VACATION ALTERATION BY YOU: Should you wish to make changes to your booking, please advise us as soon as possible. Whilst we cannot guarantee changes can be made to your booking, we will endeavor to meet requests if possible.
Albion Journeys endeavor to assist with booking additional services for customers whenever possible, such as; additional accommodation, transfers and entrance tickets. However an administration fee of $35 per booking will be charged for each service provided. Any accommodation booked at a hotel included on the tour program or an amendment to the transfer included in the cost of the tour will not incur an administration fee.
6. ALTERATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS BY US: Occasionally, we have to make changes and correct errors both before and after bookings have been confirmed. We may also have to cancel confirmed bookings. Whilst we always endeavor to avoid changes and cancellations, we must reserve the right to do so. Most changes are minor in nature and we consider they do not significantly alter the vacation you have booked, examples of a minor change are: closure or removal of a hotel facility, an itinerary/excursion change such as change of day, destination or transport method. Occasionally we have to make a significant change to your vacation. When we refer to a significant change in these Booking Conditions, we mean changes made before departure, such as the following: a change of destination (i.e. town), a significant change in itinerary, a change of accommodation to that of a lower category for the whole or the majority of your vacation. For significant changes and cancellations, if there is time to do so before departure, we will offer the following options:
(a) Accepting the changed arrangements.
(b) Transferring to an alternative vacation specifically offered by us, of a similar standard to that originally booked if available. We will offer you at least one alternative vacation of equivalent or higher standard for which you will not be asked to pay any more than the price of the original vacation. If this vacation is in fact cheaper than the original one, we will refund the price difference.
(c) If you do not wish to accept the vacation we specifically offer you, you may choose any other then available vacation. You must pay an applicable price of any such vacation. This will mean you paying more if it is more expensive or receiving a refund if it is cheaper.
(d) Cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full and prompt refund of all monies you have paid to us.
Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one. Compensation will not be payable and no liability beyond offering the above-mentioned choices can be accepted where we are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstance beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care.
No compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available if we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirements of these Booking Conditions entitling us to cancel (such as paying on time) or if the change is a minor one. A minor change is any change which taking account of the information you have given us at the time of booking or which we can reasonably be expected to know as a tour operator, we could not expect to have a significant effect on your vacation. In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above-mentioned options and, where applicable, compensation payments. Very rarely, we may be forced by 'force majeure' (see below) to change or terminate your vacation after departure but before the scheduled end of your time away. This is extremely unlikely, but if this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds (unless we obtain refunds from our suppliers), pay you any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
Force Majeure. Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Booking Conditions, we regret we cannot accept any liability or pay any refunds or compensation where the performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of 'force majeure'. In these Booking Conditions 'force majeure' means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care foresee or avoid. These events whether actual or threatened include but are not limited to strikes, riots, political/civil unrest, government acts, hostilities, war or terrorist activity or threat of same, advice from the UK Foreign Office to avoid or leave a country or region, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, viral outbreak, adverse weather conditions, closure, restriction or congestion of airports, ports, stations other transport hubs or airspace and flight restrictions imposed by authorities including due to volcanic activity.
7. PRICING POLICY: All brochure prices are quoted in US dollars. All prices quoted in dollars are correct at the time of publishing, please check at the time of booking for the current correct price. Where stated otherwise, hotel prices are based on two people sharing the accommodation. We reserve the right to make changes and correct errors in advertised prices any time before your vacation is confirmed. We will advise you of any errors of which we are aware and of the then applicable price at the time of booking. We reserve the right to increase the cost by way of a surcharge if transportation costs, e.g. fuel, duties, ferry costs or port taxes increase or as a result of fluctuations in the currency exchange rates. We will always bear the first 2% of any such increase.
If any surcharge is greater than 12.5% of the cost of your vacation (excluding insurance premiums and any amendment charges), this will be classed as a significant change and you will be entitled to cancel your booking and receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us (except for any amendment charges) or alternatively purchase another vacation from us as referred to in clause 5 'Alterations and Cancellations by us'.
You have 7 days from the issue date printed on the surcharge invoice to tell us if you want to cancel or purchase another vacation. If you do not tell us that you wish to do so within this period of time, we are entitled to assume that you will pay the surcharge. Any surcharge must be paid with the balance of the cost of the vacation or within 7 days of the issue date printed on the surcharge invoice whichever is the later. We promise not to levy a surcharge within 20 days of the start of your vacation. Please note, changes and errors occasionally occur. You must check the price of your chosen vacation at the time of booking.
8. RESPONSIBILTY OF SUPPLIERS: Albion Journeys acts only as an agent for the various independent suppliers that provide hotel accommodation, transportation, sightseeing activities, or other services connected with each touring itinerary. Albion Journeys and their respective employees, agents and representatives accept no liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or any other incident which may be caused by the negligence, defect or error of any company or person in performing these services. Responsibility is not accepted for losses, injury, damages or expenses of any kind due to sickness, weather, strikes, hostilities, wars terrorist acts or acts of nature, local laws or other such causes. All services and accommodations are subject to the laws and regulations of the country in which they are provided. Albion Journeys is not responsible for any baggage or personal effects of any individual participating in one of their tour itineraries. Individual travellers are responsible for purchasing a travel insurance policy that will cover some of the expenses associated with the loss of luggage or personal effects.
9. SPECIAL REQUESTS: Although we will endeavor to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we cannot promise that any request will be honored. We will not always be able to tell you before you leave if we cannot meet your special requests and we cannot accept your booking on the proviso that the request is honored.
10. ITINERARY CHANGES: It may be necessary sometimes at short notice, to make changes to an itinerary due to weather, traffic and road conditions. Regrettably motor vehicles, trains or ships do occasionally break down or certain facilities on board may become faulty. Every effort will be made to rectify such issues as quickly as possible. In some instances it may be necessary to replace the vehicle which cannot be repaired. We cannot accept any responsibility for delays or changes to the itinerary caused by any form of breakdown.
11. TRAVEL DELAY: In the event of a delay on our tour of more than 6 hours to the advertised times on any of our vacations, we will do our best to provide meals and refreshments as appropriate.
12. AIRPORT TRANSFERS: Complimentary transfers are included from the airport as specified in the tour details, a pick-up or drop off at any other location may incur a supplement charge. Your arrival and departure details must be given to Albion staff no later than two weeks before your tour departure so that your complimentary transfers can be arranged. You are responsible for checking your return airport transfer time with the Tour Director on the day before the day of return travel and for accepting that it is suitable for your own personal flight arrangements. If any change is required you must inform the Tour Director immediately. Albion Journeys cannot be held responsible for you missing your onward travel arrangements.
13. VACATION INSURANCE: It is a condition of booking with Albion Journeys that you and your party each hold adequate vacation insurance. Such insurance should ensure that you are fully covered against unexpected cancellation charges, medical expenses arising abroad, including repatriation back to your country of origin, loss of luggage or money and personal liability claims. We are required to have a record on file showing that adequate insurance is in place, and by having these details at the office, Albion Journeys staff can assist in contacting your insurance company in the event of an accident, when you may be unable to do so yourself. However, although insurance is very strongly recommended, if you choose not to take out travel insurance then this is done so at your own risk and we will ask you to sign a declination form indemnifying us in full in the event that you or Albion Journeys incur any losses or expenses arising out of your failure to take out adequate insurance cover.
14. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE: It is imperative that if you are unhappy about any aspect of your vacation, you raise the matter IMMEDIATELY with the Tour Director, coach driver or accommodation provider. If you fail to do this and deny us the opportunity to rectify the matter at the time, we shall not accept any responsibility retrospectively. If the matter cannot be resolved immediately, it is a condition that you write to us, quoting your booking reference, with the details of your complaint so that we may commence an investigation. You must send your written complaint to us within 28 days of returning home. We will always try and resolve the matter fairly and amicably but should this not be possible then you may, if you wish, pursue the matter with BCH/ABTOT who have an Alternative Disputes Resolution scheme and full details are available from them at ABTOT 117 Houndsditch, London EC3A 7BT, United Kingdom. This scheme does not apply to claims that arise mainly in respect of physical injury or illness or the consequences of any illness or injury. It can only be used if all reasonable avenues of resolution and compromise have failed.
15. PASSENGERS WITH HEALTH CONSIDERATIONS: Please note, our vacations may not be suitable for people with certain disabilities, dietary requirements or medical conditions. If you have a disability, some forms of transport can be difficult to get on and off and some of our hotels do not offer ground/lower floor accommodation or lifts/easy access. Should any member of your party suffer from any disability or medical condition which may affect their or other people's vacations you must provide full written details at the time you book the vacation including any specific requirements that person has. Additionally at the time you book the vacation you must provide written confirmation that all assistance the disabled person requires will be provided by you. In view of the nature of our vacations, we regret we must reserve the right to decline any bookings whenever we feel unable to accommodate the needs of any particular client or where, in our opinion, the medical condition or disability of the client concerned is likely to have a significant effect on other clients taking the same vacation. We further reserve the right to cancel any vacation and impose cancellation charges if we are not fully advised of any relevant disability or medical condition at the time of booking.
We acknowledge the on-going COVID-19 global crisis and accept our obligations to comply with any official guidance from the government or local authorities. However, please note we will have no liability for any refunds , compensation, costs, expenses or other losses of any kind incurred by you (including where applicable medical treatment costs), in the following circumstances:
If you or anyone in your booking party, test positive for Covid-19 and have to quarantine for a period of time, or are notified or otherwise become aware that you have or suspect you have, come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 (or otherwise suspect they may have Covid-19) and have to self-isolate for a period of time. If this happens within 14 days of your departure date, you must contact us as you may no longer be able to travel. We will offer the following options where possible and subject to availability:
- Postponing your vacation to a later date. We will notify you of any impact on the price this may incur as you may have to pay full cancellation charges on some elements as well as any increase in costs imposed by the supplier.
- Cancelling your vacation, in which case we will impose our standard cancellation charges as at the date of cancellation by you. You may be able to claim these costs back from your travel insurance.
If you fail any tests, checks or other measures imposed by us, suppliers, airlines, airports, border control authority or other government body or local authority or fail to submit for testing or assessment when requested to do so, and as such you are denied entry to the destination, or access to the services or you are otherwise unable to proceed with the vacation, or that portion of the vacation. If this happens whilst you are on vacation, please notify us without delay and we will provide such reasonable assistance we can in the circumstances. However, we will not be responsible for covering the cost of any curtailment of your vacation, missed transport arrangements, additional accommodation required, or other associated costs incurred by you. You must ensure you have travel insurance that covers these costs for you.
You must also acknowledge that our provision of the vacation including transport, hotels, attractions and other excursion providers, will need to comply with local or national guidance or laws relating to Covid-19, and have implemented certain measures as a result. This will likely include specific requirements regarding personal protective equipment, such as the use of face masks, social distancing, maximum number restrictions at certain facilities, designated entrance and exit routes, mandatory hand sanitizing, limited entertainment options and limited food & drink availability. We do not expect these measures to have a significant impact on your enjoyment of the vacation and all measures are taken with the purpose of securing your safety and those around you.
16. BEHAVIOR: When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid to the accommodation manager or other supplier. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us (together with our own and the other party's full legal costs) as a result of your actions. In the event of any client behaving in such a way as is likely, in our reasonable opinion, to cause offence, danger, damage or distress to others, we reserve the right to terminate that person's vacation arrangements and we will not be liable to complete your vacation arrangements and will not be liable for any refund, compensation, or any other costs you have to pay.
17. IMPORTANT NOTICE: This literature was accurate at the time of going to print. In order to operate these tours we require minimum numbers. Please check with us before booking any additional travel or accommodation to confirm whether or not we have met the minimum numbers on your tour. In the event that minimum numbers have not been reached, we reserve the right to cancel your vacation and refund all monies paid. We promise not to cancel for this reason after a final confirmation letter has been sent out to you.
18. OTHER TERMS: In order to ensure the comfort of all passengers on our vacations you are subject to the following requirements:
(a) You may not bring a pet or any other animal on one of our vacations.
(b) You may not play an audible device out loud on the coach.
(c) You are responsible for ensuring that you are at the correct departure point at the correct time, as we cannot be liable for any loss or expense suffered by clients because of their late arrival at any departure point.
(d) You must ensure that you have a valid passport and visas (if necessary) and we cannot be liable for any loss or expense suffered if you do not.
(e) Although our vehicles have large luggage compartments, we have to adhere to regulations concerning the overall weight of fully laden vehicles. We would, therefore, ask you to restrict your luggage to one medium sized suitcase weighing no more than twenty kilograms (forty four pounds). We cannot accept responsibility at any time for hand luggage.
(f) We cannot accept responsibility for any misplaced or damaged luggage, as well as all other personal items.
(i) It is essential that your luggage has a label affixed with your details on.
(ii) We cannot carry any additional luggage items with the exception of collapsible walking aids. However, due to weight restrictions we can only accommodate a maximum of two walking aids on our vehicles, either collapsible wheelchairs or collapsible walking frames or one of each, the maximum weight of any aid must not exceed 15kg.You must reserve a space at the time of booking and this will be confirmed on our correspondence to you. We reserve the right not to carry any walking aids that are not pre-booked. We regret we cannot accept mobility scooters. Please ensure that any instruction given by our driver and/or courier, at any time during the vacation, concerning luggage or personal effects are strictly adhered to.
(g) Smoking (including e cigarettes) and the consumption of alcohol is not allowed on our vehicles during our vacations. If you ignore this rule and thereby cause inconvenience, distress or disappointment to other passengers, you may be asked to leave.
(h) Where the information contained in our brochure is changed or additional information given, due to information supplied by a passenger, for any reason, the passenger must ensure that the information, which they provide us is confirmed to them in writing. No responsibility will be accepted for any loss, damage or disappointment if this procedure has not been followed.
(i) Our brochure was accurate at the time of going to print.
(j) Some excursions are included in the price and refunds cannot be made for passengers unable to participate in these excursions for whatever reason.
(k) Admission fees to buildings, grounds, etc., guided tours and use of leisure facilities are not always included in the price of the vacation.
19. DRIVERS HELP & ASSISTANCE: Please note that drivers are not insured to assist you with your luggage; therefore any assistance given to you by your driver is at your own risk.
20. On our vacations any tour commentaries will be provided orally in English.
21. CHILDREN: We do not consider our type of vacations suitable for children.
23. EMERGENCY CONTACT: The emergency contact number in the UK is (+33) 1242 265709.
Just Go Holidays Ltd trading as Albion Journeys. USA address: 27 North Chestnut Street, New Paltz, NY 1256, USA. UK registered address: 1st Floor 111 High Street, Cheltenham GL50 1DW, United Kingdom.
Publication Date: July 2021.
For the latest applicable terms and conditions, please refer to our website: www.albionjourneys.com/terms-and-conditions